Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New New New

Behold: a new year, a new blog layout, and a renewed commitment to posting fresh content as I move on to new opportunities.

It is hard to believe that eight months have already passed since I sat in a stadium and moved that tassel across my hat. It's weird that it's been that long since I've seen Duke and some of my closest friends.

It's even harder and weirder to wrap my brain around just how far away I'll be from everything I have ever known in about a month. Guangzhou is still a name on a piece of paper and some pictures that show up on an image search. China is an intimidatingly huge country full of places I want to explore, but it still looks small when I look at it on my google maps.

But I should have a visa in my passport and a plane ticket in my possession before the end of this month, so maybe it will feel more real then.

In the meantime, I hope to fill this blog with a recap of my brief Costa Rican encounter, some details about packing and what I'll be bringing with me to the other side of the globe, and my thoughts as I spend my last days in America for who knows how long. I also will be starting a new series, in which I look back at my favorite places/experiences/hostels/restaurants/museums/etc. from my various destinations and hometowns and explain why they make it on my favorites list. So be on the lookout for new content, let me know if you'd like to see me write about something in particular, and I hope you enjoy my continued ramblings.

Welcome to 2013, everyone. Our days ahead are full of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment